It is located near the Adriatic coast. It is the last town situated on the coast. The town, awarded the title of City in 2007, has experienced a large population and economic growth in the second half of the 20th century.
This was made possible thanks to the creation of important industries and above all thanks to the development of seaside tourism in the coastal area of San Salvo Marina.
San Salvo Marina is a resort that has been awarded the Blue flag for many years, thanks to the presence of coastal dunes, that has been protected to preserve the morphology of the coastal dunes and of the natural vegetation.
Monuments and places of interest
- Archaeological Park of the Quadrilateral
- Civic Museum Porta della Terra.
- Abbey Museum.
- Suburb of San Nicola.
- Archaeological island of the cloister.
- Archaeological mosaic island.
- Roman hypogeum aqueduct.
- Parish church of San Giuseppe.
- Remains of the Torre del Trigno.
- Cultural Center Aldo Moro.
- Abbey Museum
- Coastal Biotope
- Saint-Nicolas-de-Port, Francia
- Città di Swan, Australia
- Székesfehérvár, Ungheria